It’s hard to imagine everyday life without videos, whether it’s social media, advertising, or the corporate world. A LinkedIn profile is an important tool for building a personal brand. It’s also critical that your LinkedIn profile is engaging enough that recruiters, clients, competitors, and your colleagues want to learn more about you.
Video is a great marketing tool that is now available on LinkedIn. There are several ways you can maximize the use of video.
- Various Options with Video: You can post a short elevator pitch that briefly describes your skills, background, and professional goals. Ask a client to post a short testimonial video, or create your own vlog that gives people insight into who you are and what you do.
- Increased Engagement: According to Cisco, 76% of executives watch business videos. So it’s no wonder you’re wondering how to add videos to your LinkedIn profile.
- Video for Mobile/ Desktop: You can create a LinkedIn native video from your mobile or from your desktop. You will need to download the mobile LinkedIn app, then record in-app. There is also an option to add text and stickers. Desktop requires a pre-recorded video.
- Your Profile Video: LinkedIn notes that your profile video is displayed as a muted three second preview before returning to your profile photo.
- How LinkedIn Members View Your Profile Video: LinkedIn members need to tap on your profile to view your video. Once you have produced a video for your profile, a blue circle will surround your profile photo.
- You can only record or upload a profile video through the LinkedIn mobile app.
- The video must be at least 3 seconds long and no longer than 30 seconds.
- For Desktop (Sharing a Video as a LinkedIn Post)
- From your LinkedIn home page, click on the button “Start a post”.
- Record a video in the LinkedIn app or upload a video that you have pre-recorded.
- Click on the filters or text button, then add/or text.
- Features of LinkedIn Video
- After you publish your video, you can get audience insights. This includes how many views (impressions), likes, and comments your video post received.
- You can also see the companies, titles, and locations of your video’s viewers.
- In our next blog post, we will discuss how to create a profile video for your LinkedIn profile.
To find out more about how you can get a refreshed, optimized LinkedIn Profile or Business Profile for your company click here by one of our HR experts Click Here.