Read on to discover how to embed a video onto your LinkedIn profile to increase your visibility and engagement on the platform. Embedding a video on LinkedIn is relatively easy, just follow these steps we’ve listed in our blog post.
It’s hard to imagine everyday life without videos, whether it’s social media, advertising, or the corporate world. A LinkedIn profile is an important tool for building a personal brand. It’s also critical that your LinkedIn profile is engaging enough that recruiters, clients, competitors, and your colleagues want to learn more about you.
Video is a great marketing tool that is now available on LinkedIn. There are several ways you can maximize the use of video.
- Various Options with Video: You can post a short elevator pitch that briefly describes your skills, background, and professional goals. Ask a client to post a short testimonial video, or create your own vlog that gives people insight into who you are and what you do.
- Increased Engagement: According to Cisco, 76% of executives watch business videos. So it’s no wonder you’re wondering how to add videos to your LinkedIn profile.
- Video for Mobile/ Desktop: You can create a LinkedIn native video from your mobile or from your desktop. You will need to download the mobile LinkedIn app, then record in-app. There is also an option to add text and stickers. Desktop requires a pre-recorded video.
- Your Profile Video: LinkedIn notes that your profile video is displayed as a muted three second preview before returning to your profile photo.
- How LinkedIn Members View Your Profile Video: LinkedIn members need to tap on your profile to view your video. Once you have produced a video for your profile, a blue circle will surround your profile photo.
3# steps to Get Started with Posting a Video on your LinkedIn Profile
1) From your LinkedIn home page, click on the button “Start a post”.
2) Click the video icon below.
3) Upload the video that you would like to share from your desktop (See the screen print below this one).
Uploading Your LinkedIn Profile Video from a Mobile Device
1. Look for the “create post” button (Android) or the share box (iOS) at the top of the feed. (The button in blue below).
2. Click on the video icon.
1. Record a video in the LinkedIn app or upload a video that you have pre-recorded.
In our next blog post, we will discuss how to create a profile video for your LinkedIn profile.
To find out more how you can get a refreshed, optimized LinkedIn Profile or Business Profile for your company Click Here.